I can not wait to share this recipe. also wonder, how come I left it in draft for such long (read it as an year) time. But ..yeah..there might be a reason, as this has to happen today. A very special, super healthy, decadent and divinely tasteful fudge, get created almost in no time. My little sister is blessed with baby girl and I am very happy for her and without putting much of my brain, my fingares did all the work. And ..there it is, a divine fudge.
You don’t have to worry about the measurements here..it’s totally cooking with instinct. Add all the dry fruits and nuts, you would like to insert in. It all blends magically well. Like pure love. Every bite is just nothing but goodness.
This dry fruit fudge with edible gum is believed to serve as a preventive medicine for the back aches in pregnant women, and strengthen the bones in general. However not much information about the medicinal properties of dink is available online. However traditionally this is one of the immune booster which is served to kids and women as a part of their afternoon snack or a part of breakfast, occasionally.
- 2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 cup walnut roasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts roasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dink/gond/edible gum
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- Heat a thick bottomed tawa/wok in a low flame and put the chopped dates. Leave it for a minute until the dates become warm and soft. Once they are soft coarsely mash them and keep it aside
- Add ghee and dink/gond/edible gum to the wok and in a low flame fry the until they become fluffy. It would take about a minute or two. Switch off the flame and let it come to room temperature. Mash them into coarse powder.
- Add raisins, walnuts , cashews and edible gum to mashed dates. Blend them well with a wooden spoon or with your hands, until everything comes together.
- Roll th mixture into quarter-inch or half-inch thick disc and cut into squares or circles, and serve.
You can store them at room temperature for a week and for month if refrigerated.
Makes 2 dozen fudges