Chocolate and honey together create a mesmerizing flavour. The combination of whole wheat, chocolate and honey is a complete bliss. The nutty flavours of whole wheat, the bursting freshness of honey and melting chocolatiness comes together to perfect baking and tasting experience.
This cookies are easily one of the best creations in my kitchen, and I can’t tell you how much I miss my dearies to share these lovely cookies. I was every eager blog this, as soon as they are out of the oven and I found myself reaching out to them one after the other. Such a guilt free indulgence. They are crusty and crispy from outside and chewy inside, I would call it just perfect.
- 1/2 cup semi sweet/sweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup ghee/clarified butter at room temperature
- 2 tbsp honey – organically sourced
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar/icing sugar, or less if using sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar/icing sugar – for coating – optional
Method – Preheat and baking temperature 350°F or 180°C
1. Mix melted chocolate, ghee, honey and skimmed milk. Add the sugar and stir well. Add the pure vanilla extract and give it a good stir.
2. Mix other dry ingredients – whole wheat, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt – and mix well.
3. Pour the liquids prepared at step 1. in the dry ingredients bowl and stir until combined. If the mixture/dough seems to be thin, don’t worry. That is the consistency.
4. Cover the dough and refrigerate for minimum one hour. Take out the dough from the refrigerator and divide into 24 equal portions and form the balls. Coat the prepared balls with powdered sugar and slightly flatten them.
7. Place cookies on the greased cookie sheet. OR alternatively you can line the cookie sheet with parchment/butter paper and place the cookies on them. Leave quarter inch gap between the cookies.
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes
You can store them at room temperature for a week and can be refrigerated for longer.
Makes 24 cookies.
Adopted minimally from http://original-composition.com/recipes/eggless-chocolate-crinkle-cookes/